Pork Chop, Lobster Ravioli and Swiss Chard

07 January 2011

For this recipe, we got used a pack of ravioli from trader joes and tried out some swiss chard that my friend Alice gave us from her bountiful basket (http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/). It all took about two hours to make. The recipe for the swiss chard, is the same recipe for asparagus almondine posted here : http://foodnerdicus.blogspot.com/2011/01/chicken-eggplant-parmesan-asparagus.html The sauce on the ravioli is an alfredo type sauce that I either invented or adapted from a few other recipes, it isn't very healthy but tastes amazing.

Pork Chop
- pork chops
- honey (I like clover honey)
- mustard (any kind will work, I think we used some spicy brown kind of mustard)

I rubbed the porkchops first in mustard, then in honey, and let it soak in a bit (as long as you want, ideally would probably be overnight but I think I did like 5 minutes or something). Then I cooked them in a pan on medium heat until they were golden brown

Alfredo Sauce
- butter
- two egg yolks
- half and half
- whole milk

In a pot on low heat, make a mixture of 1/2 milk, 1/2 half and half. Pour in two egg yolks and stir. Melt in butter. Pour over raviolis. (To make them, just follow instructions on package).


0 comments:

Post a Comment