Peppermint Bark

06 January 2011

This one I made on my own, it is based on this recipe here: http://browniesfordinner.com/2009/12/10/marbled-bark/
It was a really easy holiday treat to make, and I bought a few gift boxes and wrapped it up to bring to friends' for the holidays.

Peppermint Bark
- dark chocolate chips (about 2 bags)
- white chocolate chips (about 2 bags)
- peppermint extract if desired (I bought it for this, but forgot and left it out)
- candy canes
- hammer
- kitchen towel
- ziplock bags
- wax paper

For this, I first crushed up the candy canes by double bagging them into ziplock freezer bags, then wrapping the bags in a kitchen towel. I put that on the floor and used a hammer to crush up the candy canes into pieces. After, I put the chocolate chips in separate bowls and microwaved them until they were melty. Don't over-microwave, stop it every so often (I did about every 15 seconds) and mix the chips around so that they cook evenly. If you are using peppermint extract, add it to the white chocolate chips. Once they are all liquidy, pour in stripes onto a piece of wax paper in a baking pan. You can pour one on top of the other, or do it in stripes and mix it around with a knife like I did. Then, sprinkle candy canes over the top and stick it in the freezer until it gets hard, then break into pieces. For more information, I really recommend checking out the original recipe because I followed it for the most part.

0 comments:

Post a Comment